Christine made these beautiful message boards for her children with common supplies. To make your own message board purchase:
- Cork board in desired size.
- Enough material to cover the boards with approx 3 inches to allow for wrapping the cork board.
- Purchase 2-3 rolls of ribbon (depending on size of the cork board & how many diamonds you would like).
- Purchase decorative push pins or buttons to push/glue over where the ribbon X’s.
- Cover the board with the fabric wrapping to around the edges and secure with a staple gun.
- Lay out the ribbon on the board and create your diamonds.
- Once you know where you want the ribbons located wrap the ribbon around the back and secure with the staple gun.
- Attach buttons where desired.
Christine chose to make less diamonds on the boys’ message board. It lent a more masculine feel to the project.
This project is very easy to duplicate at home. Try your hand at a personalized message board and send in the photo’s!